Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Whats with the lobster?

I used the picture of myself holding the lobster because that is the only decent picture of myself that is digital. Really, I am telling the truth. My wife really likes her film camera, so the only digital pictures I have are ones that someone else took. I have tried to talk her into getting a digital, but a decent digital camera is pretty expensive. She is an amateur photographer so those little cameras everyone has will definitely not be good enough. She will not be satisfied unless she can swap out the lens, replace a filter, adjust the shutter speed, and change the aperture before every picture. Also, she still insists that film is more detailed than the multi-mega-pixel cameras out today. I'm not sure. I can't really tell the difference. Anyway, every summer we go down to the Florida keys to catch lobster (sorry vegetarians) with her family.

As for the shirt. Yes, I worked for Northrop Grumman for about five years. I worked at the Airborne Early Warning / Electronic Warfare Manufacturing Facility is St. Augustine, FL. I know, that is a long name.

Airborne Early Warning: We built new production ( that means brand spanking new) E-2C's. Now they are building the next generation, the E-2D.


E-2C

Electronic Warfare: We overhauled and re-winged EA-6B's. That is the program that I worked on. I built sub-assemblies for the new center wing sections.


EA-6B

Working there is how I got interested in engineering. Life as a mechanic was pretty good, but I knew that I could do better. I took all my calc, physics, and chemistry while working full time. Once I realized that it would take me about 10 years (at least) to get my degree I made the decision to quit and go to school full time. I got into UCF and here I am.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment